Request for Proposals
ADRNC 2016 Annual Conference:
Conflict Transformation, The Power of The Story!
Join the 2016 Annual Conference of the Association for Dispute Resolution of Northern California (a Chapter of ACR) on March 19-20, 2016, from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, in the San Francisco Bay Area (venue TBA), by submitting a proposal to lead a workshop.
workshop topic ideas:
· Storytelling & Conflict Transformation
· International dispute resolution
· Fresh applications for ADR practices
· Theory and practice
· Restorative justice and practices
· ADR in health and dental care
· ADR and financial institutions
· Elder mediation
· Court ADR programs
· The creative arts and conflict transformation
· Diversity, Equity & Culture
We encourage those of you with expertise in these areas to consider offering a proposal. We also welcome other proposals that could include, but are not limited to, workshop topics such as peacebuilding, restorative justice, community mediation, workplace dispute resolution, business/non-profit, real estate/construction, employment and labor dispute resolution, and divorce mediation.
The deadline for proposal submission is extended to Monday, January 25, 2016.
Why participate as a presenter?
Presenting a workshop at the ADRNC Annual Conference is a unique opportunity to become known in the Bay Area dispute resolution community. The Annual Conference offers networking opportunities for all, but being a presenter will identify you as a leader and “go to” person in your area of expertise. Offering a workshop is also great practice for developing your training and teaching skills. In sum, it is an excellent opportunity to enhance your credibility and advance your career. Finally, you will receive a discount of 50% or more on your registration to the conference, which is ADRNC’s premier event of the year.
Instructions for submitting proposals
Please submit the following:
· A written proposal of no more than 500 words covering the following:
o The topic and content of your presentation
o A photo (for the conference website), your background, including your experience in presenting at ADR conferences.
o Whether you would be willing to collaborate if we receive multiple proposals in your field.
Please include all of your contact information on the proposal. E-mail your proposal to Evelyn Andrews, Conference Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that program proposals must contain finalized content as the selected proposals will be used to develop conference marketing materials.
· Documentation, for the ADRNC files only, to ensure continuing education credit eligibility and compliance for your program: Please include both a resume/CV for each presenter in your program and the proposed program agenda/outline.
We look forward to hearing from you!